3/22/12 | By: Ingrid

I could say "Why Me" but instead I will say "Thank God You Chose Me"

This morning I started with a question but due to the blessing of a best friend that helped me see the power in the reason why God chooses me to be in the midst of some of the most difficult situations of others--never mind my own. We/I could ask, "Why did he/she call me to come help them leave an abusive relationship that has now spilled into a physical altercation that needs immediate intervention--although this has been a 5-10 year toxic relationship? Why did he/she call me at 3am because they want me to come get their son/daughter that is acting out of every frustration they've had and can't be control--even though every act is a result of the generational curse their parents have passed on to them without their permission or fault, and their parents lack control so now a spirit of control that is now being exercised against their child? Why did he/she call me to come bail them out of jail cause no one else would answer--even though this is the 3rd time they've been in trouble with the law? There are so many scenarios of questions whether personally or in the evidence of others that I could ask, but why? Instead, I'm blessed and thankful to have a friend say to me this morning, "I'm glad God chose you because you are just the person to bring love and healing to the situation. God knew who to have them call on, cause He knew you would lean not to your own understanding, trust Him in all your ways, go beyond myself in the flesh and go about every situation He brings you to handle with love, in spirit and in truth. He trusted you enough to place His children in your hands to be of help (His help)." As I listened, I began to see that He knew I would put down my anger and frustration stones to not judge, but instead pick up my ROCK of Salvation and stand on what I know is true and right--even if it didn't feel right because it hurts to see one hurt another only to see the truth that even the one causing the hurt/pain is hurting too. I listened to a young child of God pour out his pain to me to the point of even asking God why he was alive to feel so unloved? You can't imagine the pain I felt in my heart to heart that and how deep that touched me realizing that I believe I am love (God's Love Bug purposed to infect others with His Love--Agape). At that moment, I realized that it was God's love that sent me to open my much needed arms of love that God needed him to experience at that moment--even if he doesn't quite understand yet just what it means. I can't begin to imagine the pain of Trayvon Martin's parents that don't have an opportunity to hold their son with love due to his recent murder in Florida at the hands of neighborhood watch captain. Then I'm perplexed at how many parents kill their children over and over daily spiritually, emotionally and physically (through abuse), and yet we still are charged with putting our stones down to bring healing and love in spite of. I often pray and believe that one day I will be blessed to be a mommy. I pray that all that God is calling me to today will help me be a more compassionate, passionate, patient, exemplary, God-fearing/God-loving, full of humility, understanding, truthful, respectful, honest, transparent, respected, fun-loving, strong, essential, spiritual and above all these things a mommy of LOVE...because that's just want God is....LOVE!! Instead of asking why, I will say, "Thank you God for choosing me to be love, show love, spread love and see the power of love effect someone else's life in ways that I can't even imagine, but pray that in years to come I will see what this one moment in time for being their when a child needed me most in love can bring about in the possibility of their adult life--and maybe one day when they are parents too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment