10/9/12 | By: Ingrid
"Are You Ready for Some FAITHball" 

Yes, you guessed it. I'm getting ready to use the game of football to share a teachable point today that came to me. On Sunday As I was watching NFL GameDay Morning (as I do every Sunday after church during football season in preparation for my place on the couch to watch football all day through the Sunday night game), God started speaking to me through the announcer highlights about my own "Game Day". It was like He was my head coach talking to me about the next game and how it fits in the plan for the season ahead. In preparation for "Game Day", which I will call "Destiny Day", there are plays I must call as the "quarterback" of my team in life. Let's start with the playbook. My playbook must be studied on a daily/weekly basis for "Game Day" application/execution. God, as my coach, has strategically created plays for me to run that will not only use my skills and abilities, it will also strategically involve others He has strategically drafted to my team to help me score. He even equipped me with a water boy and medical staff, just in case I need to replenish and/or renew as I execute play. I'm now approaching the fourth quarter of play (October, November and December). No matter what the stats or predictions are based on my past game performances, the fact that I have new "Game Day" opportunities ahead for the rest of my season is evidence that I'm still a "play maker" in the stadium of life with more chances to get in the game, call plays, throw the "FAITHball" to score!! Even with my opponents doing everything possible to intercept the ball and prevent me from scoring touchdowns (manifestations) with God as my offensive line, Jesus as my running back and the Holy Spirit as my receiver, scoring and winning the game is more than possible. The Promise Land of the "Super Bowl" is within my grasp and foreseeable future. My road to the Super Bowl may have some losses in the midst of winning, some records broken, and a few bruises and/or injuries along the way. However, getting to the Super Bowl is the ultimate, and with some rest and healing between games all I have to do is suit up and be ready. Be ready to get in the game, stay in the game, call the plays and throw the ball. Even if I have a few naysayers in the stadium, call the plays and throw the ball. Even if in 4 quarters of play I win and it ain't so pretty scoring, stay in the game, call the plays and throw the ball 'cause it's still a win at the end of the day. Even if I get hurt, let the medical team do its work and rest during brief time outs, but get back in the game, call the plays and throw the ball. I may take some hits, but get back up, be patient, call the next play and throw the ball. Don't lose myself in the hype of the fans, keep my eye on the end zone (prize), take care of the ball (FAITHball), believe in my playbook, show up ready to play and be the best damn quarterback possible. "Game Day" opportunities are going to come. Don't take the game of life for granted. We are all just one play away from scoring and the possibility of one winning game away from reaching our "Destiny Day" with a "Super Bowl" kind of Promise!!

Peace & Blessings,
Ingrid
10/9/2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment